Monday, November 7, 2011

A Christmas Gift Idea: Free Paninis

I am the proud owner of a new panini pan, and I have to say, it makes my day every time I use it.  Normally, I buy new cookware and it stays in the drawer for weeks or even years before its first use.  The pastry cutter I bought in Hawaii is still in its wrapping; I was lured into purchasing that one-egg frying pan despite my rare egg meals; and then there's the colander, which I bought despite my expert ability to strain noodles with a spoon.  This purchase, I worried while walking through the Target aisles, could have been a bad idea.  Amazingly, its utility even spurs me to clean it properly (by hand!) to preserve the non-stick surface for future paninis!! 

So far I have made paninis with chicken, pepperoni, provolone, cheddar, tomatoes, sometimes oregano and always butter.  I think tomorrow I may go crazy and use brie or gorgonzola.  Panera has nothing on me...except the wonderful soup.  Oh, but fortunately, Campbell's new Southwest White Chicken Chili is taking care of that.  That's a subject for another blog...but try it; it's delicious.

Anyway, a panini pan is an unexpected and original Christmas gift idea, even for the less-than-everyday cook. 

No comments:

Post a Comment