Saturday, March 19, 2011

Made my move easier: Erase My Laptop


My to-do list has been pretty detailed this month, what with buying and having tailored all new uniforms, packing my stuff for Texas, and finishing my job here while preparing for my next one.  Fortunately, the stress melted away when I got rid of five giant stuff-bags at Good Will.  There was one seemingly insurmountable issue left...my pile of old electronics (2 cell phones, 1 laptop, 1 external hard-drive, a wireless internet card, and all the power chords to go with).  I don't know how to erase my personal information from them, and it's downright upsetting how many places you have to drive to drop them all off in different locations.  Cue google, where I turned to solve this.  Google gave me ErasemyLaptop.com, a company that sends you FREE boxes with shipping labels (and even closing tape!!!) for easy riddance of all your electronics and chords.  All you have to do is tape it up, drop it at a UPS drop-off (or call them for pick-up), and walk away...all for FREE!  What's more, they erase everything for you (take pictures and send a log via email) and recycle all the pieces!  If you're still untrusting, they're Better Business Bureau accredited.  My dear old Racer the Acer can rest in peace. :)

2 comments:

  1. Good to know Virginia!! Thanks so much for the info!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. this company is a rip off - dont use them.

    ReplyDelete