Monday, April 18, 2011

Things I want: Treadmill Desk

After reading the New York Times article on the dangers of sitting, I have decided that I want a treadmill desk!  Amazingly enough, I was recently pondering how to exercize aboard my future ship, and came up with doing non-computer work on the treadmill...well apparently someone has thought of that, and has done quite a nice job building the equipment!  Now I just need to find a small fold-up treadmill small enough to store in my stateroom and a desk to attach to it.  It'll probably have to be manual, but I think that adds to the mystique.

Other things I want (family, do I hear birthday?) include bike pedals or eliptical pedals for under a desk.  Oooor one of those tiny, space-saving bikes...I could afix a desk to that and have an entire gym workstation!  Just imagine how fit I'll be with all of these!

The Treadmill Desk!  There are even websites that teach you how to build your own (desk, not treadmill...although I'm sure you could find that, too, if you wanted to.)
This bike really looks like it would save some space...I bet I could build a little desk on that.

I also want this type of cycle for under-already-built-desk cycling.

No comments:

Post a Comment