Wednesday, November 2, 2011

VA back on land and shopping for Christmas

I just got back from a 2-month patrol, and am happily back on solid ground.  Since my return to Texas, I've watched a lot of Disney Channel; turned on my gym membership, Netflix, and car insurance; and enjoyed Halloween in Houston.  I finally took the time to list out all my channels, and find out where they play Live! with Regis and Kelly (for all my days off this inport!). 

This inport, I plan to spend Thanksgiving in Virginia Beach (and of course one day in Colonial Williamsburg), and Christmas in Missouri with Colin!  In scheduling my non-working Texas time, I have planned a visit with Carrie (actually in Louisiana), a visit with Colin, and a Houston Ballet Nutcracker event.  Right now, I'm working through my Christmas shopping list, and floundering with the toy decisions.  Yesterday I did my usual Harry & David giftlist purchase (they remember what you bought for whom last year, where you sent it, and what day it arrived!).  For the most part, I pressed "send the same thing" button, but of course I changed a few gifts around.  My favorites this year were the Harry's Gift Box ($39.95) and the Merry Mix-Up Gift Box ($29.95). 

Unfortunately, the rest of my Christmas gifting is more slow going.  I did find a pair of earrings for my mom, and although I thought I had the perfect gift for my sister, Suzy, it was SOLD OUT before I actually ordered it!  This hot item was the Pottery Barn "Patridge in a Pear Tree" salt and pepper shakers.  So if you want to buy this for your Christmas list, beware.  You have to get it on Ebay for a much inflated price.  Sorry, Suzy...you could've had a salt shaker that shakes like THISSSSS!

I guess I'll work through some list items while I'm at the Outlets today.  Maybe there will be a Pottery Barn there with a non-sold out Partridge in a Pear tree! 

2 comments:

  1. This reminds me we are old... and get excited about salt shakers as an acceptable Christmas present. Sigh. What would 10-year-old Virginia think of this post?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know, but I think 10-year old Virginia would crack UP at the hilarious use of that line from The Wedding Singer. :)

    ReplyDelete