Thursday, August 4, 2011

New Car, New Gym, New Show Addiction

Unfortunately, I needed to trade in Winston the Blue Wave because he was becoming a bit of a maintenance cost.  He was my beloved 98 Honda Civic, and my first real car.  I traded him in for a bright blue Fiat, as yet unnamed but likely a member of the blue wave family.  I expect the perfect name to hit me any day now, and I'm currently considering the names Luigi and Columbo among others.  Colin had a few good suggestions a few days ago, but they were rather late-night, and I've since forgotten them.  I really need a good human name (not sure what gender) that goes well before "the Blue Wave"...or perhaps "the Blue Bear" according to Colin.  Blue Bear may be more his/her style.

Along with my new car purchase, I joined a new gym!  It's the Fitness Center at South Shore, and it's beautiful.  They have an indoor and outdoor pool, indoor and outdoor tennis courts, a raquetball court, a huge cardio gym, a pilates studio, a weight section, a steam room, a dry sauna, a day spa, a bistro, and an indoor and outdoor track.  Not to mention the workout classes and tennis lessons available.  I plan to start my tennis lessons on Saturday, and I've already attended a couple of workout classes.  Tonight, I'm still recovering from the boot camp class I took two days ago, so I may go roll around on the eliptical and then sit in the steam room. I've been to the gym daily since joining, although sometimes I just want to go sit in the lovely locker room on the couches or in front of the primping mirror stations.

When I'm not being a gym rat, I'm using my new internet to stream Netflix onto my tv.  New favorite show: Cashmere Mafia.  It's a thinly veiled remake of Sex and the City, but it's wonderful all the same.  Of course, I'm still obsessed with Drop Dead Diva, and hopefully always will be.  Steph and other DDD ladies, the character who plays Kim in Drop Dead Diva is also in Cashmere Mafia, and as yet another hated character who gets into office romances. 

1 comment:

  1. have you been able to catch up with drop dead diva! kathy griffin is the guest this week!!!

    ReplyDelete