Thursday, January 27, 2011

Sort-of-New-Year Resolution-ish Summary

This year I have already started scheduling regular French practices with Ysabel & KatyRay, although unfortunately our first one was postponed due to snow.  The plan is a food-culture-film-conversation fest, and I believe wine and cheese are necessary components. 

Although I haven't planned the first one yet, I'm also going to start practicing violin again...this time with a new friend!  I met Sarah at church and we have become pew buddies, random brunch partners, and now a violin duet!  She'll probably be more coach than co-musician since she's symphony-style and I'm still sort of a violin yearling.

So in addition to the two big re-starts, these are some things I would like to learn this year:
1. How to make soup (may need a crock-pot...may wait for my birthday for that)
2. How to sew something other than a baby quilt
3. Maybe how to cross-stitch...I am sort of out of ideas, so this is getting into the random-craft-realm.

Other resolution-ish things:
-Working out more (oh yes, so far I've been good)
-Reading the Bible more (not as disciplined here...my b)

That's about it for now...since I normally start my new year resolutions months into the new year, I'd say this is a pretty good start.

No comments:

Post a Comment