Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Kirkwood underway

Kirkwood got underway yesterday, which made for a pretty sad workday.  However, I had a lovely girls' night in (bachelor viewing) with Jenn, Lisa, and KatyRay...they are almost as good at cheering a girl up as Michelle "Next time we see each other, you can talk" ...I don't know her last name, otherwise I would put it there.  I have already sent Kirkwood a billion emails, and now I'm sending him regular game updates of the Capitals (mine) v. the Canadiennes (his).  Caps are winning, of course.  I'm also schemeing a way to get him his NPR fix.  He accidentally left his computer in Florida, and now doesn't have his downloaded NPR podcasts!  This may take some thought...

Oh, and the weather has been so grey and gloomy lately.  I'm ready for some sunshine!  Because there hasn't been any of that available, I ate half a box of Andes mints today.  Yes, just now...

The only benefit of Kirkwood's underway time is how much sleep I get.  With no more late night "I just wanted to wake you up" phonecalls...which I love and hate...I probably get another hour of sleep per night.  Plus, it's all consecutive (bonus!).  So I'll try and be positive about this.  ...And I'm going to bed! :)

1 comment: