Saturday, February 12, 2011

Breakfast & Bookcrossing

So this morning, I am going to drive over to St. Ann to drop off some books for their Sunday book fair, but I have a sneaky secret!  I have put bookcrossing labels on each of my books so that whoever purchases them can register them online, and I can track their progress throughout their lifetimes.  I have been bookcrossing since high school, and have only had a few books "caught", but the thrill of the release is enough for me.  I really enjoy sneaking around a store or public place, waiting for no one to be around, and then placing a bookcrossed book in a visible spot for someone to take.  My best catches were in the Virginia Beach oceanfront Rite Aid (now closed, I believe) and at a fabulous store called Caravans (also closed).  Anyway, I think everyone needs to start bookcrossing.  It's my favorite.  http://www.bookcrossing.com/


So now it's time for breakfast.  I've been grocery shopping as much as a hoarder lately.  Yesterday (Friday) morning, I woke up and went as soon as the store opened, and found it to be relatively deserted.  Fabulous.  There is nothing I (or my pantry) enjoy more than a lonesome grocery store.  I ended up dallying in every aisle until my cart was ridiculously full (for a single lady).  I finally found out where the commissary keeps the pads...I always thought they just didn't have them because in my fits of frustration, I rarely go down the soap aisle...and they keep tampons in a different area, too.  I even wandered around the fresh bakery section and bought lots of fresh breads (half of which will never make it into a mouth) and two rounds of camembert!!  Yes, I should go make breakfast.  Perhaps it will be toast with camembert melted onto it!

my breakfast shall look like this!!!  so it is written.

1 comment:

  1. Ugh- moldy bread. The tragedy experienced by bachelorettes everywhere. When will they start selling half-loaves??

    ReplyDelete