Saturday, February 5, 2011

Groceries make me feel fancy

I went grocery shopping yesterday AND today.  Yesterday was a re-stock of all things necessary from the commissary, and today was an exciting trip to Harris Teeter for cheese and fancy foods that the commissary doesn't usually have.  Unfortunately, nobody had camembert, but I did get chicken salad, mini-pitas, scones, clotted cream, strawberry jam, and creme de brie spread.  I hope you can all see where this is going...afternoon tea!!  Jenn and I will be lunching at Panera today, but I think this evening will be an afternoon tea feast!  My other major purchase was a pitcher, in which to make lemon-water...no more jealousy at the Panera counter.  (Normal train of thought at the Panera drink table: "ooo, lemons!  why don't i ever have lemons for my water at home?!  i need to fix this...")

Tea at 1024, on Oahu
I've also enjoyed a new breakfast item of late: Greek yogurt with strawberries.  While I do not like Greek yogurt with honey, the strawberry kind is just right.  I highly recommend it.

Ooo, and I just got the latest Athleta catalogue the other day.  It made me want to move to a tropical climate and work out there!  I've decided not to throw it out, as it has been the greatest inspiration to work out this winter.  It hasn't made a huge difference in my actions, but I am starting to wear workout clothes everywhere I go in the off chance that I'd like to stretch when I'm there.  Or perhaps flex.
doesn't this make you want to work out?  or at least buy some shorts!

No comments:

Post a Comment