Saturday, April 9, 2011

Cloudy Saturday

The weather is pretty gloomy today, so I'm doing a major apartment-clean.  I think the most difficult part is getting rid of all the papers I accumulate.  A few random scraps I'm finding it hard to part with are an advertisement for framed paper silhouettes (I don't want to buy them...but it's a good reminder to make them for Charlie and Ginsu) and a postcard-sized business card from Wood Works on Duval, which has the most wonderful nautical crap.  Colin and I stopped in and I very nearly purchased pillows covered in different nautical flags and an inbox/outbox sort of hanging made of canvas and flags.  Thank goodness I didn't, because they were very expensive...and I can always buy them online if I want. :)  Before I ultimately said no to the purchase, my justification was that as an operations officer, I really am only being professional by owning this stuff.  Setting a good example and all that.  I'm sure you understand.

The other amazing items in the store were hot air balloon mobiles of all sizes (Suzy wants one of those for Audrey's room), and vintage-looking trunks that you open and VOILA! you have a bar.  Colin wanted the bar trunk.  Since becoming addicted to Mad Men, he has found a new passion for gross-tasting beverages in manly, 50s era glasses. 

Colin's Style



My Style


Well, amazingly enough, this blog just killed two ugly creatures with one stone!  Everyone likes birds, so why use that old saying?  Now I'll remember to buy the fun stuff I so desperately need aboard my next ship, AND I get to throw away the paper. 

No comments:

Post a Comment