Sunday, May 1, 2011

Goodbye Arlington, I'm Keeping Lisa & Jenn.

Lisa, Jenn and Bertha were kind enough to let me stay in their apartment this week after my move, so I've had quite a good week despite owning very little.  Thursday was my going-away party at the Front Page bar in Ballston.  It was fabulous, although we couldn't seem to shake the obnoxious man presence.  Seriously, when I told two guys that I wasn't interested in talking to them, they continued to harrass us yelling less-than-thought-out comments such as, "I wasn't talking to you!" (I'm sorry to say he was); "(eye-roll) Well I'm FROM Galveston!" (good for you, now go away); and the ridiculous end-of-the-night shout of a sarcastic "Good luck in Galveston!  People are nice there!"  (um, I look forward to it?).  Strange men aside, we had a top night complete with the bartender from Belarus, Alex; a DJ who played Toto but then refused to play anything other than "party music"; dancefloor lights that looked like the little green worms from James and the Giant Peach; and wonderful friends who managed to push the undesired man presence out.

On Friday, Lisa and I woke up to watch the Royal Wedding together, and noted Will & Harry's need for a wedding-day hairdresser, that horrible bow hat/fascinator, and all of the lovely knee-length dress coats.  We even held hands during the vows, making 3rd grade Lisa & Virginia very proud.  After work, we spent the rest of the afternoon/evening watching Royal Wedding specials talk about the very same ugly hat and catching up on sleep missed for the wedding itself.
Cindy Lou Hoo made an appearance at the Royal Wedding.
On Saturday (yesterday), Lisa, Jenn and I packed up Winston and completed my final Arlington errands, which was really depressing.  Lisa kept me going, though; prodding me along every time I would jump back into her bed.  We returned the Comcast cable box, dropped off my church keys, donated a pile of clothes to Good Will, and checked out of my apartment; all with time to spare for a lunch at Panera!  By 2pm, I was driving north to Connecticut, and am now back at the Academy hoping that the church service times haven't changed since I graduated.  I also hope they still do after-Mass donuts.

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I deleted the previous comment because I did not spell "sounds" correctly! What I meant to say was that it sounds like you had a great last week Virginia. You truly have some awesome friends!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That hat is ugly; I'm with you.

    I hope your move goes as smoothly as
    possible! xoxo

    ReplyDelete