Sunday, June 5, 2011

A Tour of my Home

One of the first things I had to try in Texas was Blue Bell ice cream.  I bought Mint Chocolate Chip, and although I enjoyed it, I must say that flavor didn't live up to the hype.  Next time I'll try the Dutch Chocolate flavor.  In hindsight, I should never have bought a half gallon (which is still at 90% in my freezer).  So here is the first stop on the tour: the still full ice cream tub.
If you're wondering how you got here, you magically drove down Interstate 45, and then down Farm Road 2094, the main road along which you find shops and apartment complexes like mine. These would be the least attractive aspects of the tour.
Here's my exit!
And now for a short tour of my apartment.  You'll notice the bedroom is absent, and that's because the movers broke my bed.  It's currently taking up half of my room, uselessly put together because the movers wouldn't then take it back apart.  The gaping hole is acting as painting storage (I can't organize my bedroom wall hangings until the bed issue is sorted out).  Anyway, the bedroom and bathroom are still a bit crazy, so they'll be available on the next tour.  Also to be featured in a future tour are the kitchen and closets.
Here is the living room.  Behind where I stand taking this picture is the fireplace...seems like a silly addition to a south Texas apartment.  And to my right is the television, which doesn't need to be featured in the grand tour.  The living room is also my bedroom at the moment (see broken bed explanation above).
And here is my computer nook (background) and breakfast lounge.  It was difficult to find a spot for the chaise lounge, but it has decided to live in the dining room area (below). 
And now we come to the dining room.  The breakfast lounge is just to the right of this, so you don't have to move far to recline after a good meal. 
This is my backyard, and my view is of the entire marina.  Lovely, no?  And below is the pool where I spend many a day with the free wifi. 
Well, this concludes the tour.  I'll be sure to take pictures of my stateroom on the boat to add to the next tour, too.

1 comment: