Monday, July 25, 2011

In Honor of My Inner Child

So I'm back from being underway, and I've brought someone with me.  Her name is Virginia and she is in the 8th grade.  In a throwback move, Colin (best boyfriend ever) bought me a new pair of rollerblades for my birthday.  Instead of choosing a size at random, he waited for me to fly up to Kirkwood to visit him, and took me to the Dick's Sporting Goods store to try them all.  In Colin-fashion, he wouldn't let me try on the rollerblades that cost less than $100, which probably turned out to be better for my feet.  The best part of the birthday gift presentation was that the second floor of Dick's had a concrete track to skate around in my dress and rollerblades!  We spent the remainder of my visit trying them out on all the local trails while he ran next to me in the 100 degree heat.  We also visited the St. Louis Zoo, the Arch, Dewey's Pizza, the 1904 World's Fair Pavilion, the Art Museum, and a bunch of great restaurants.  Although I tried to wear my rollerblades everywhere, I'm not as good in them as I used to be, and I had to forego wild blading adventures (until I can achieve get-away speed).  I went skating today around my neighborhood in League City, and found a few good smooth spots.  I'm now waiting for Margaret to buy her pair, so we can start a rollerblading gang.


In further inner child news, I made an impulse stop at CVS today to grab nail polish and a (hilarious) birthday card for Colin.  In Lisa P-fashion, I hung around for much longer than I had originally expected and bought the makings of a spa night, including Lisa's middle school favorite, Cucumber Peel-off Masque.  Lisa, the masque is currently holding my solemn facial expression firmly in place.  I also bought a daring red nail polish shade, although blue would've been more my style back then.  (Toes only nowadays...blasted uniformity.)

No comments:

Post a Comment